You have pierced our hearts with the arrow of Your love.

St. Augustine

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

With Much Gratitude

"Humanity needs to know and above all to live this fundamental reality: God is love, and the encounter with him is the only response to the restlessness of the human heart."

"Augustine converted to Christ who is truth and love, followed him throughout his life and became a model for every human being, for all of us in search of God."

As I reflect on these two quotes from Pope Benedict's general audience on February 27th, 2008, I am filled with much gratitude for having experienced God as love, and for the opportunity to respond to His love by professing vows of chastity, obedience, and poverty, on July 31st, thus consecrating myself to abide in Him as an Augustinian.

Besides my first vows, some of the events of my province this summer give me much hope:

Br. Mark Menegatti, OSA, evangelized youth through hip-hop in England; Fr. Tom Davis, OSA, and Fr. Kirk Davis, OSA, were ordained; and Br. Ronnie Custorio, OSA, professed solemn vows.

I am having difficulty posting pictures, but visit http://www.osa-west.org/ and click on current events.

It is good to be writing again. Hopefully I will be able to write more often now that I am no longer a novice :)

Carlos J. Medina, OSA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. God bless and keep you.
Julie

An Augustinian Friar from the California Province said...

Thank you Julie. May God bless you as well! -Carlos, osa